An education at The Summit Academy is an investment for a lifetime.
The Summit Academy is committed to serving families and a key component of this includes the effort to keep our exceptional education priced below the average private high school tuition rates. In addition, we have need-based programs, multi-student discounts, as well as a non-need- based program which awards the John Paul Asbell Scholarship. Below set in place procedures that will help us provide further tuition assistance for some families in the 2022-2023 school year.
The John Paul Asbell Scholarship The John Paul Asbell Scholarship is a merit-based award designated for students who demonstrate the values and character qualities that best exemplify the ideals, cultural and virtues that are held in esteem at The Summit Academy. For more details and to apply for the scholarship, families should access the scholarship application here.
Multi-Student Discount The Summit Academy has a separate standard policy for reduced tuition for families that have multiple students enrolled. There is a $2,000 discount for each successive student that is enrolled. Families that are eligible for the multiple-student reduced tuition may still apply for tuition assistance submitting all relevant information through FACTS.
Need-Based Assistance: The Summit Academy has established a tuition assistance committee that will utilize information from FACTS to help determine the need and the amount of the award. The committee does not have a specific formula to determine the award amount but will seek to take into account each family’s individual circumstances.
- Shadow Days: 10/19/22, 11/9/22, 1/11/23, 1/25/23, 2/1/23
- Fall Open House: Sunday, November 6, 2022
- Online Application available: December 1, 2022
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
- Decision Letters Sent: March 1, 2023
- John Paul Asbell Scholarship Application Opens: April 3, 2023 (Application essays are due by May 1, 2023)
- Tuition Assistance Notifications Sent: March 15, 2023*
- Enrollment Agreement and Tuition Deposit Deadline: April 1, 2023
Tuition Assistance FAQ’s
How do I apply? Families should first apply for admission to The Summit by filling out the application here. For need-based assistance, we employ “FACTS Grant and Aid Management” service which is a reputable third-party service used in many private schools. The FACTS application process helps to ensure that financial need is determined objectively and appropriately. To begin please visit the FACTS Tuition assistance which can be accessed at the following URL https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/4KL3Z
Is there a specific income level that makes a family ineligible for an award? No – FACTS takes a holistic account into consideration when assessing need.
Is there a deadline to apply? The Summit has a rolling admissions process. However, we have a set amount of funds that are designated for tuition assistance in the 2022-2023 school year. The Tuition Assistance process parallels the admission process and acceptance letters for admission will be sent on April 1, 2022. Early Applications for Tuition Assistance Will be Prioritized. Please Consider the Following:
- The Tuition Assistance Fund operates from a set amount of finances that have been specifically designated for such purposes.
- The Fund is managed by a separate oversight committee that will determine awards and amounts.There is no deadline for applying for tuition assistance. However, priority will be given to all Tuition Assistance applications that have been submitted by March 31.
- All students that have applied for Tuition Assistance by March 31 will receive a response by April 22
For this reason, families that are interested in applying for tuition assistance should not delay in submitting an application to the school. Applications for Tuition Assistance in 2022/2023 should be submitted no later than March 1.
How can I contribute to The Summit Tuition Assistance Fund? The newly established Tuition Assistance Fund has been created to help as many students as possible afford a quality education that will form young people as strong, capable thinkers who will, in turn, invest those energies and talents towards the good of their communities. The Summit Academy is a 501c3 and all financial contributions are tax deductible. Contribute to The Summit Tuition Assistance Fund by clicking on to DONORBOX