Announcing The John Paul Asbell Scholarship
The Summit Academy offers the following merit-based scholarships:
$2,500 Scholarship awarded to one incoming student, regardless of need.
$2,500 Scholarship awarded to one returning student, regardless of need.
Award winners should demonstrate a record of achievement, merit, and personal character as well as a developing sense of academic inquiry. The award winners are determined by the Scholarship Committee to exemplify the character and cultural virtues of The Summit Academy. While other factors may come into play in the decision-making process, regardless, the winner must show a keen mind, a charitable heart, an eagerness to learn, a humble attitude, and a desire for wisdom.
In order to apply for the scholarship, the applicant must have the following completed by April 25, 2024.
1. Write an essay based on one of the following prompts:
New Students (choose one):
- What does it mean to be “free”?
- Who is the happiest person you know and why?
Returning Students (choose one):
- George Washington Carver famously wrote that “education is the key that unlocks the golden door of freedom.” What then is a good education and how does it accomplish the end of “unlocking the golden door of freedom”?
- Catholic philosopher Simon Weil wrote that education consists of developing the mind by increasing our powers of attention. Given this reflection, what is the ultimate reason that the Catholic Church has an interest in education?
2. Schedule and complete a scholarship interview with the headmaster. Interviews may be scheduled after essays have been submitted.
For easy submission and to schedule an interview, please email email@example.com and include “John Paul Asbell Scholarship” in the subject.
Please note that while The John Paul Asbell Scholarship is not a need-based scholarship, applicants and award winners may also apply for Tuition Assistance. Additional information on Tuition Assistance is available on our Tuition page.