Announcing The John Paul Asbell Scholarship
The Summit Academy offers the following merit-based scholarships.
$2,500.00 Scholarship awarded to one incoming student, regardless of need.
$2,500 Scholarship awarded to one returning student, regardless of need.
Award winners should demonstrate a record of achievement, merit, and personal character as well as a developing sense of academic inquiry. The award winners are determined by the Scholarship Committee to exemplify the character and cultural virtues of The Summit Academy. While other factors may come into play in the decision-making process, regardless, the winner must show a keen mind, a charitable heart, an eagerness to learn, a humble attitude and a desire for wisdom.
In order to apply for the scholarship, the applicant must have the following completed by March 20.
1. Write an essay based on one of the following prompts:
- Why do you want to attend The Summit Academy and how do think that you exemplify the type of student that The Summit Academy seeks to cultivate?
- What are the qualities that you strive to develop and are those qualities essential for the well-being of your community in the 21st century?
- What does it mean to be “free”?
- Who is the happiest person you know and why?
2. Schedule and complete a scholarship interview with the headmaster by emailing email@example.com
*Please note that while The Asbell Award is not a need-based scholarship, applicants and award winners may also apply for Tuition Assistance. Additional information on Tuition Assistance can be accessed at https://thesummitva.org/tuition/